We are incredibly lucky at Casa Concorde that the Paseo Maritimo is only a 400 metre walk from the villa.
The Paseo Maritimo is 9km of paved (most of it) seafront promenade that stretches from the most westerly side of Playa Blanca passed the lighthouse, in to the Playa Blanca village centre, and on to the Marina Rubicon and beyond.
There are wonderful sea and mountain views and plenty of variety and interest along the way.
Perfect for pleasant strolls any time of the day from early morning to late at night, and energetic morning or evening runs for those wanting to try and keep in shape on their holidays.
With the sea on one side, some sections offer lovely restaurants and bars with sea views out to Fuerteventura, or places of interest like watching the ferries and tourist boats ply their trade from the working harbour.
Other sections, particularly around the lighthouse peninsula close to the villa, offer some remarkable peace and even solitude where you can take time out of your day to slow down the pace of life and watch the sea crashing against the rocks and perhaps discover crabs and fishes in the rock pools.
Once on the seafront promenade.....
Turn left for:
- small sandy cove - uncrowded spot, ideal to chill out and snorkel from (0.4 miles)
- La Chiringuito beach bar and tapas - Perfect for a lunch time snack and beer or glass of wine (0.6 miles)
- La Muleta commercial centre - choice of excellent restaurants, a chill out bar with live music and a sports bar and(0.9 miles)
- Dive College - Introductory dives or learn to dive and take your PADI course
- Playa Flamingo beach - Sandy beach, sun loungers, beach restaurants and bars (1.8 miles)
- Playa Blanca harbour – boat trips, submarine trip and ferries to Fuerteventura (2.4 miles)
- Centre of Playa Blanca - shopping, bars and restaurants (2.9 miles)
- Marina Rubicon – classy and elegant marina with shopping, bars and shops (3.8 miles)
Turn right for:
- the Lighthouse - the paved path runs out but there is a path worn in the dust to follow
- the lighthouse peninsula – a rocky coastline and uncrowded. A great place for a quiet stroll, relaxation, watching the sea crash against the rocks and enjoying the sun set
- Faro Park - the paved path stops and starts back up again a couple of times after the lighthouse but there is a path worn in the dust to follow. Approximately one hours walk will get you to two white stone benches. Turn right here and take a much shorter walk back to the villa along Calle Irlanda and passed the Faro Park shops, restaurants and bars. Why not stop at the Bakery or the Lighthouse Cafe Bar for breakfast or one of the bars for an evening drink after watching the sunset?